With CEREC® you can have a beautiful smile in a single dental visit. The dental procedure uses highly advanced CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) technology to custom fabricate natural-colored crowns, veneers, inlays and onlays in just one appointment.
How does CEREC technology work?
- A reflective powder is applied on to the prepared tooth.
- A digital image is taken using a special optical infra-red camera.
- It records the exact dimensions of the tooth directly into the CAD/CAM camera.
- Your tooth restoration is then carefully designed.
- An appropriate material of the proper shade is selected for your specific tooth.
- This is placed into the milling machine which shapes it into a custom-fitted restoration.
- The dentist will put the restoration in place, add coloring, bond or cement and polish to a beautiful luster.
- Your bite will be checked and final adjustments made as necessary.
The advantages of CEREC®
- • It offers a natural-looking tooth restoration.
- It performs the restoration in a single session, usually in about 1-2 hours.
- Computerized technology makes the process extremely precise.
- You can save more of the healthy tooth as it uses advanced dental adhesives.
- The high-grade ceramic material is plaque-resistant and encourages better dental hygiene.
- Being metal-free, it reduces sensitivity and is more comfortable.
CEREC CAD/CAM technology offers a beautiful smile in just one appointment.
Watch this video to learn more about CEREC® and decide if this one-visit tooth restoration is right for you.