More than 40 million dental crowns are placed into the mouths of Americans each year. Crowns are used for a variety of reasons including to:
- Repair broken teeth
- Teeth that have had root canal treatments or
- Replace large fillings
Typically a dental crown procedure meant repeated visits to your dentist, often accompanied by pain and discomfort. As a result, many individuals postponed or neglected getting their teeth attended to. CEREC dental crowns have revolutionized the process make it easier and more comfortable for people to get the help they need in a timely manner. Popularly known as “single appointment dental crowns”, you can have beautiful, natural-looking white teeth in a day. Partial crowns for instance can be in place in less than two hours as compared to the two visits required by traditional dental procedures.
How is this done?
- The tooth is sprayed with a reflective powder.
- A special optical infra-red camera takes a digital image.
- The exact dimensions which are recorded by the 3D software in the CAD/CAM camera are then used to carefully design your tooth.
- An appropriate material of the proper shade is selected and placed into the milling machine for custom-fitted restoration.
- The restoration is then placed in your mouth with the help of bond or cement and polished to a beautiful luster.
- Your bite is checked and final adjustments are made, if necessary.
The advantages of CEREC:
- Often you can save more of the tooth by creating partial instead of full crowns.
- The advanced technology produces a precise dental crown in 20 minutes saving you a lot of time and effort.
- It costs the same as traditional crowns but can be done in a single visit.
Watch this video to learn more about CEREC single appointment dental crowns and decide if this procedure is right for you.