Cosmetic dentistry or dental aesthetics offers a way to create beautiful white teeth and an attractive smile. While this was initially directed at models and people in show business and often risky, advances in cosmetic dental procedures have made it safe and affordable for all.
Cosmetic dentistry is meant to enhance the aesthetics or the look of your teeth and smile. In addition, it also offers restorative benefits. It can be used to treat a number of aesthetic issues including:
- Discolored teeth
- Broken teeth
- Missing teeth or gaps in your mouth
- Misaligned or misshaped teeth and
- Creating a beautiful, natural-looking smile
The concept of perfect teeth and a perfect smile might vary from culture to culture. An experienced cosmetic dentist will understand your requirements, explain your options and tell you what is possible.
There are a variety of cosmetic dental procedures available to help you achieve your perfect smile.
- Dental veneers hide many flaws
- Dental implants provide custom, natural-looking replacements for missing teeth
- Crowns or caps give you that whiter, brighter smile
- Dental bonding uses a material that looks and feels like tooth enamel to repair damage and flaws
- Inlays and onlays (or indirect fillings) remedy tooth decay or similar structural damage
- Teeth whitening removes ugly stains and/or discoloration
- Tooth-colored restoration replace metal fillings for a natural appearance
- A smile makeover typically involves one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures such as dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening to give you the look you’ve always wanted
- Full mouth reconstruction offers natural-looking and clinically sound treatments to correct functional problems with your bite, muscles, teeth and bone structure
Watch this video to learn more about cosmetic dentistry and whether or not it can help you.
You don’t have to live with ugly or broken teeth any more. Cosmetic dentistry can help you get that picture-perfect smile that you always wanted.