CEREC: Tooth Restoration in One Appointment
CEREC dental treatment allows dentists to quickly restore damaged teeth with natural-colored ceramic fillings. It uses advanced computer-aided design and manufacturing technology (CAD/CAM) for custom fabricated restorations, crowns, onlays and veneers in a single appointment. Patients love the fact that the entire procedure can be completed in one visit.
How does CEREC work?
- A reflective powder is applied onto the prepared tooth.
- A special infrared camera takes a digital optical image recording the tooth’s exact dimensions on the CAD/CAM computer.
- The restoration is carefully designed.
- Material of appropriate shape is then selected for your specific tooth.
- The material is placed in the milling machine which shapes it into a custom-fitted restoration in a couple of minutes.
- The restoration is then tried on (coloring added if necessary) and cemented in place.
- It is then polished to a beautiful luster.
- Your bite is checked and final adjustments are made.
The advantages of CEREC:
- Healthier: Since minimal preparation is required, it leaves more of the healthy tooth structure intact.
- Accurate: CAD/CAM technology provides extremely accurate restoration.
- Longer lasting: It is made with durable materials that work with advanced dental adhesives.
- Naturally beautiful: It is made out of tooth-colored materials for a more natural look and feel.
Watch this video to learn more about CEREC and whether or not it is right for you.
With CEREC, tooth restorations can be designed, fabricated and fitted in a single visit, and the entire process is controlled by your dentist.