Dental Implants – Ashwaubenon, WI
Restoring the Entire Structure of Missing Teeth
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all of your teeth, restoring your smile so you can eat and speak with ease again is crucial to maintaining your confidence and oral and overall health. At Brodhagen Dental Care, we offer completely customized dental implants in Ashwaubenon, WI that can provide you with unmatched stability and strength as well as a natural look and feel. To learn whether you’re a good candidate for this treatment, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team and schedule a consultation today.
Why Choose Brodhagen Dental Care for Dental Implants?
- Team of 3 Experienced Dentists
- High-Quality Dental Restorations
- Replace Any Number of Missing Teeth
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gum line to restore the missing root structure of your teeth. Due to their biocompatible nature, they’re able to naturally fuse with the jaw, providing the bone with necessary stimulation and blood flow to keep it from deteriorating over time. Once this process (called osseointegration) is complete, we can place customized restorations onto the implants to complete your smile.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- The Initial Consultation. We’ll take X-rays, ask about your goals, and discuss your medical history with you to learn whether dental implants would be right for you.
- Dental Implant Surgery. We partner with local experts in oral surgery for this portion of the process to ensure the best possible results.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Placement. After your implants have been placed, they’ll undergo a natural process called osseointegration, where they fuse with the jawbone. Then, we’ll attach small, metal connector pieces to the implants called abutments.
- The Final Restoration. As soon as your final restoration arrives at our dental office, we’ll call you back in to attach it to your abutments and complete your new smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have become the gold standard of tooth replacement, and there’s a very good reason for that. They’re incredibly popular because they offer a wide array of benefits that set them apart from traditional restorations. Because of their unique placement inside the jawbone, dental implants in Ashwaubenon have the potential to significantly improve your overall quality of life. To learn more about the benefits of this modern tooth loss solution, continue reading or schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable team today.
Are you a denture-wearer? If so, you know from experience that they can slip and slide around your mouth unexpectedly. By upgrading to dental implants in Ashwaubenon, you can enjoy several incredible advantages, such as:
- Restores biting strength. Dental implants are surgically inserted into the jawbone, replacing the entire structure of missing tooth from the root up to the chewing surface. As a result, they’re able to withstand the chewing of virtually any food.
- Boost of confidence. Since dental implants are personalized to complement your unique facial features, they’ll allow you to enjoy a natural-looking smile, giving you a boost of confidence!
- Easier maintenance. You don’t have to worry about purchasing special products or incorporating complex steps into your oral hygiene routine. All you have to do is care for your dental implants as you would your natural teeth.
Besides improving your appearance, dental implants offer some outstanding health advantages. Some of those include:
- Jawbone preservation. Because dental implants stimulate the jawbone, they help prevent its deterioration. It’ll allow you to maintain your face’s overall shape for years to come!
- Protection for natural teeth. It’s incredibly common for teeth to shift after tooth loss. Luckily, dental implants serve as a placeholder to ensure every part of your smile stays exactly where it belongs.
- Maintain better oral health. Studies have discovered a correlation between tooth loss and an increased risk of multiple diseases. Therefore, it’s safe to assume that they’re able to help lower such risks.
If you choose to get dental implants in Ashwaubenon, they’ll provide many short-term and long-term benefits. Here’s what you can expect for years to come:
- High success rate. Dental implants have an impressive success rate of about 95 percent even 20 years after they’ve been placed.
- Youthful appearance. Since implants stimulate blood flow in the jaw, they prevent the sunken, aged look that often accompanies tooth loss.
- Long-lasting results. Unlike dentures and bridges, you don’t have to worry about replacing your implants every few years. They’re designed to last decades without replacement!
Who Can Dental Implants Help?
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all of your teeth, dental implants are an excellent treatment option. Even if you’re not a good candidate for the procedure right from the beginning, our team can help get you there with preparatory procedures, like gum disease therapy or bone grafting, to ensure your mouth is as healthy as possible. The reason why many patients require these treatments before going into surgery is because without healthy gums or sufficient jawbone density, you could find yourself at a higher risk of implant failure down the road, and we don’t want that! After you’ve healed from these procedures, we’ll walk you through the process of restoring your smile.
Missing One Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can place one dental implant in the gums in the space in your arch. Once it’s healed and fused with the bone, we’ll attach an abutment to it that will secure a customized dental crown in place.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of getting a traditional bridge to replace several consecutive missing teeth, we can secure a bridge to two dental implants placed on either side of the gap in your smile. That way, no alteration of your natural teeth will be necessary.
Missing All Teeth
We can secure a full denture using anywhere from four to eight dental implants that are strategically placed along your jaw. This way, you won’t have to worry about your restoration slipping or shifting when you eat or speak.
Cost of Dental Implants
The dental implant procedure is customized from start-to-finish, which is why there’s no set price tag attached to it. In order to break down what it would cost to restore your smile, we need to examine your mouth and determine important details, like how many dental implants you need to have placed and what type of restoration you require. If you need any preparatory procedures, those also incur separate fees. To find out the details of the price of your dental implant treatment, schedule a consultation with us today.
Dental Implant FAQs
If you suffer from extensive tooth loss, you’re probably more ready than ever to get started on your dental implant journey. However, since it’s a major treatment that requires oral surgery, you likely have several questions about the process. To help you out, we’ve decided to answer common questions we receive from patients about getting dental implants in Green Bay. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’d like to speak directly with a member of our team!
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Most people know that dental implants are one of the most long-lasting solutions for missing teeth, but how long is that exactly? Well, they can last over 30 years with proper care and maintenance – sometimes even a lifetime! Of course, their exact lifespan depends heavily on a person’s oral hygiene, health, and lifestyle choices. You can help your implants last as long as possible by following a solid at-home dental care routine, visiting your dentist regularly, and avoiding bad habits (i.e., chewing on ice, smoking, and using teeth as tools).
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Yes, but only if you have good oral health and your implants are placed by a qualified dental professional. Otherwise, your risk of experiencing dental implant failure is much higher. Your dentist in Green Bay can address problems like low jawbone density or gum disease to ensure your surgery is safe and more successful. Additionally, it’s important to mention any health conditions during your consultation (i.e., diabetes, cancer, hypertension) as they can make the procedure risky.
Will I Have to Take Off Work for Dental Implant Surgery?
Generally, patients will only need to take one or two days off to get dental implants in Green Bay. However, your dentist will evaluate your unique case and recommend a certain number of days you should take off based on their findings. If your job requires physical labor, you’ll probably need to take around three to four days off. Strenuous exercise can divert blood from the implant site and delay healing. As a result, you might want to schedule your procedure towards the end of the week, like on a Thursday or Friday.
Is There Anything I Shouldn’t Eat with Dental Implants?
You’ll want to avoid tough and chewy foods for the first couple of days following your surgery. Make sure you stay away from alcoholic, sugary, and acidic beverages as well. Once you get past the initial healing period, you can eat almost anything you could eat with your natural teeth! Since there are certain foods (like gummy or sticky candy) that can dislodge your restoration, you’ll want to exercise caution when eating these items.